Macbook Pro - Faster now comes standard

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When visiting apple.com/macbookpro you see the headline: "Faster now comes standard".

This has been the main headline for the Macbook Pro since Spring!

Now that we're all expecting / hoping a new Macbook Pro is going to be released within October, or at least sometime before December 25'Th, I am puzzled by why has Apple not changed the headline yet.

What replacement headline, do you think, Apple is going to come up with, and is the fact that Apple has not long since changed the headline back to something more modest like; "1,1 times faster than the Macbook" an indication of Apple not updating the Macbook Pro at all?

"Even faster now comes standard" ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sororca

When visiting apple.com/macbookpro you see the headline: "Faster now comes standard".

This has been the main headline for the Macbook Pro since Spring!

Now that we're all expecting / hoping a new Macbook Pro is going to be released within October, or at least sometime before December 25'Th, I am puzzled by why has Apple not changed the headline yet.

1. Apple doesn't change product pages unless the products have actually changed.

2. Changing the page ahead of time would steal Apple's thunder.

3. Changing the page ahead of time would be false ad to those that are basing their purchase decision of such a product on the info on that page.

4. <insert another reason here>

Are you really debating why Apple hasn't changed the headlines here or were you just trying to find an excuse and a way to slip in a multicolor 'Even' in there.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol

1. Apple doesn't change product pages unless the products have actually changed.

2. Changing the page ahead of time would steal Apple's thunder.

3. Changing the page ahead of time would be false ad to those that are basing their purchase decision of such a product on the info on that page.

4. <insert another reason here>

Are you really debating why Apple hasn't changed the headlines here or were you just trying to find an excuse and a way to slip in a multicolor 'Even' in there.

I was really considering why the website has not changed since the release of the Core2Duo. The line "Faster now comes standard" could do with a change, in my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the nice tactless touch in your response. I'll try not to start a debate in the near future.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Apple changes the website when they change the product.

There's really no reason to expect anything different. It will change again when they update the product.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder

Apple changes the website when they change the product.

There's really no reason to expect anything different. It will change again when they update the product.

Cool, and thanks
  • Reply 5 of 6
    you just got upset like so many of us.. and needed to vent. trust me, i know the feeling. I've put off upgrading.. so much so that I sit here with a 2003 G4 Powerbook, amidst an education and professional hybrid life, both sides of which center around my mobile machine. it's painful :S

so, now that today has passed - we look onto yet another tuesday.. and hope.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    eminemin Posts: 45member
    Yep, same here, waiting to upgrade and typing this on a G4 PB (but the last ALU model, so it's not that painful as it must be for you, asondica). I wonder what will come out next - Leopard or MacBook Pro upgrades?