C2D commercials all over!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have seen Intel commercials all weekend just on C2D. I think this means that the chips are out there and ready to go. I think my prediction of the 10th is looking like it could be it. The commercials are out, other manufacturers are saying they will ship later on this week (I have seen as early as the 6th), so I say Apple will start to ship the 10th. If not, I give up! My friend just got his MBP last week (he ordered the day the B2S sale ended). I must say, it's a lot more then I thought it would be. It ran amazing, the programs he showed me ran great (Final Cut), and if anyone has any questions about the screen...The glossy one looks AMAZING! Definitly, I couldn't believe the screen looked that good.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    felinfelin Posts: 18member
    Well the dying computer that I have been using for the past 3 months officially died last night. Now that means that I am stuck at school until I finish whatever needs to be done on a computer. Time for Apple to stop screwing around and release the MBP tommorow =(.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Haven't PC laptops with C2D been shipping for a couple weeks now?
  • Reply 3 of 18
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder

Offered, yes. Shipping, I don't know. I have yet to hear a single case of someone who has actually received a Merom laptop.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    The glossy screens look good at first.. but then when you try to use your notebook in an environment with tungsten ceiling lights it quickly becomes annoying with all the reflections.. at least on the glossy screens I've seen.

Still debating which one I should get if/when I decide to order an MPB =)
  • Reply 5 of 18
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akerman

The glossy screens look good at first.. but then when you try to use your notebook in an environment with tungsten ceiling lights it quickly becomes annoying with all the reflections.. at least on the glossy screens I've seen.

Still debating which one I should get if/when I decide to order an MPB =)

I went to the opening of the New Apple Store in Manchester last week end and had a good look at those glossy screens and completeley agree with you. Stick with non-gloss.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Offered, yes. Shipping, I don't know. I have yet to hear a single case of someone who has actually received a Merom laptop.

i don't know if that's true. there have been a couple of reviews posted on notebookreview.com already. like these:

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3206

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3199
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

i don't know if that's true. there have been a couple of reviews posted on notebookreview.com already. like these:

So yeah, they're shipping.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fongyuen

Of production units? Available in great supply? To everyone? Internationally?

These could easily be early press access models.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Of production units? Available in great supply? To everyone? Internationally?

These could easily be early press access models.

Nope. Read the articles. They both describe ordering them on the web, including when it was ordered, shipped, and received. Those aren't press reviews, just ordinary folks who bought a C2D laptop and wrote a review.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Not only that, but go to Best Buy today and walk out with one if you wish.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

Not only that, but go to Best Buy today and walk out with one if you wish.

Well, Dell.com says they're not shipping till the 6th. I'll wait till then, If Apple doesn't have the new line out next week, I'm prob gonna by from some one else, even though I really don't want to do that, I need something now
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta

Well, Dell.com says they're not shipping till the 6th. I'll wait till then, If Apple doesn't have the new line out next week, I'm prob gonna by from some one else, even though I really don't want to do that, I need something now

Dell has pushed the ship dates back to the 12th for the new CD2 laptops we ordered for work.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder

Correct.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown

Dell has pushed the ship dates back to the 12th for the new CD2 laptops we ordered for work.

This would make me think that it's possible for Apple to come out with them the 10th even more if your ship date was pushed back to the 12th. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm hoping for because I really dont want to buy anything else but a MBP, but if they dont come out very very soon, I'm gonna have to go else where
  • Reply 15 of 18
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i've got one next to my desk here, dell d820 core 2 duo. plastick junk.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    abhayabhay Posts: 45member
    I know of 3 people who have already recieved their dell notebooks with core 2 duo chips so it seems like apple is delaying it for some other reason other than not having enough chips...With this Intel Apple deal, there is no way that Apple did not get enough chips of core 2 duo as compared to other vendors. If dell can ship them in notebooks and people already have them, then apple is obviously delaying the release of new macbook pro's for some reason which sucks...how long do we have to wait????????
  • Reply 17 of 18
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abhay

I...how long do we have to wait????????

until they arrive.

i expect silver, blue, green and black.

• Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau

until they arrive.

i expect silver, blue, green and black.