Number-of-images per post limit

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
A few times lately I've run into a warning message I never used to see before, which says you can only have 5 images per post. That limit, apparently, includes even smilies, not just [img] mark-up.

I was thinking about starting a thread about CD cover art, which would by nature contain many images, including comparisons of different scans of the same artwork. Given the topic, I'm sure I'll slam into this new number-of-images limit right away. And God forbid I feel like expressing myself with a smily or two -- I'll max out immediately.

Can we up this limit to, oh, something like 15? Or 10 if there's a way to make smilies not count?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shetline

A few times lately I've run into a warning message I never used to see before, which says you can only have 5 images per post. That limit, apparently, includes even smilies, not just [img] mark-up.

I was thinking about starting a thread about CD cover art, which would by nature contain many images, including comparisons of different scans of the same artwork. Given the topic, I'm sure I'll slam into this new number-of-images limit right away. And God forbid I feel like expressing myself with a smily or two -- I'll max out immediately.

Can we up this limit to, oh, something like 15? Or 10 if there's a way to make smilies not count?

I had reduced the limt to 5 to stop the ridiculously high use of smilies (by some users). I've increased it to 10, with the expectation that it won't be further abused.

Having said that, the following is only a test!

8) \
  • Reply 2 of 2
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Thank you! 8)