why can't you post about...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sorry guys for making a thread about this, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the internet or on these forums. It's driving me nuts with curiosity.

Why are you not allowed to post anything about the Apple store being down? This is also a rule on most other apple message boards.

What's the deal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Because it's pointless. The implication of a "The Apple Store is down!" thread is that it has been taken down to introduce new products, or update existing ones, but most of the time, this is actually not true at all. Usually, the Store's web site is taken down because of maintenance. Backups, server hardware upgrades, software bugfixes, etc. There's nothing more to it.

When the Store was indeed taken down because of new or updated products, we usually don't know what those changes are until

a) (very likely) some Mac-specific news site is already reporting the news

b) the rest of Apple's web site was updated already (usually even the front page) to reflect the news

c) the store is up again.

In all three cases, it is a lot more useful to have threads about specific changes. I.e., instead of "the store is down", create a thread titled "Apple released a C2D MacBook Pro".
  • Reply 2 of 2
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

"Apple released a C2D MacBook Pro".

Now wouldn't that be nice. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question. I thought that there was a better reason for this rule. But ok I guess that makes sense.

\