Safari and Firefox Beta 2 both crash

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
As the title said, when im using safari and firefox beta 2, they both crash out of no where. this used to happen once and a while and now it happens daily. if i upgrade to tiger, will safari be updated as well? im on 10.3.9 on a g4 1ghz 768. The sites are random, though facebook did it this time. Is there a scan tool that i should be doing or somethign to keep everything good on my mac? Thanks, im a newb.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nascarnate326

As the title said, when im using safari and firefox beta 2, they both crash out of no where. this used to happen once and a while and now it happens daily. if i upgrade to tiger, will safari be updated as well? im on 10.3.9 on a g4 1ghz 768. The sites are random, though facebook did it this time. Is there a scan tool that i should be doing or somethign to keep everything good on my mac? Thanks, im a newb.

From memory 10.3.9-10.4.x upgrades safari from v1.3 to version 2.something.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Safari is currently at version 2.0.4(419.3) under Tiger 10.4.8

I don't see any of this type of problems myself

I also have Firefox 2.0 RC1 installed and occassionally use it and find it good also without any problems so far.

Do you get any form of error message when Safari or Firefox crash at all?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    1.3.2 is what im running for safari. it just says something like " Safari has unexpently quit, would you like to tell apple or cancel." Im gonna try and find someone that has 10.4 desktop disks.