Best Accessories for Macs

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Post pictures (if you want) or just list your favorite accessories for apple computers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krnk123

Post pictures (if you want) or just list your favorite accessories for apple computers.

Usually how this works is if you suggest what you did, you get the ball rolling by first posting your own pictures and your own favorite accessories. If you're new to this whole Mac game and you're not sure what they may be, you should maybe elaborate your comment and say that, or at least reasons why you want to know - just telling.

My favorites:

iPod

Apple Remote

Next year:

iPhone
  • Reply 2 of 18
    ok sorry, i'm new to apple so i was just wondering what cool accessories for macs there are
  • Reply 3 of 18
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    EyeTV.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    PowerMate USB Volume Control -- which I've never used for volume. Been using it as an editing tool ever since I was working on a TV series in Iceland. I'm a tactile kinda guy, and this gives me something to get all clickety-clack with.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove

PowerMate USB Volume Control -- which I've never used for volume. Been using it as an editing tool ever since I was working on a TV series in Iceland. I'm a tactile kinda guy, and this gives me something to get all clickety-clack with.

That show better have been LazyTown.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

That show better have been LazyTown.

As a matter of fact, it was.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Holy shit.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    iPod

Apple Remote

iTV
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Holy shit.

Are you holy shitting me or the controller?
  • Reply 10 of 18
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I think he likes LazyTown.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

I think he likes LazyTown.

Ah. Cool. It was fun to work on.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    The "Cake Song" snippet of a LazyTown episode was pretty legendary for a while.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:

The "Cake Song" snippet of a LazyTown episode was pretty legendary for a while.

That was a fun one -- crazy to shoot, really insane. Puppeteers = nice people. Puppets = evil.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    I think I missed the whole Cake Song phase, but nonetheless I wikied LazyTown. It is absolutely bizarre. On the other hand, what childrens' show isn't?

As for desktop gadgets, I'm thinking about getting one of these. Normally I might not consider it because it's kind of pricey, but we have a bunch lying in box in the storage room at work, and I could, in all likelihood, borrow one indefinitely. Incidentally, this is also where my Linux iPaq comes from. Our storage room rocks.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:

Our storage room rocks.

I don't want any particular accessory, I want your storage room.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy

EyeTV.

Oh yes!

I admit the remote is ugly - but EyeTV and the Miglia Mini have made the iMac G4 20" in our sitting room our primary TV and hence the Mac will forever more be the only media device we need.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove

I don't want any particular accessory, I want your storage room.

The secret is that we perform a lot of field trials of our hardware and software products. In the "alpha" and "beta" stages, these often require various gadgets for test data entry, monitoring, etc. After the trial is over, the stuff goes in the storage room.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:

The secret is that we perform a lot of field trials of our hardware and software products. In the "alpha" and "beta" stages, these often require various gadgets for test data entry, monitoring, etc. After the trial is over, the stuff goes in the storage room.

Ahhhh, reminds me of a closet I once had. Very cool; gives you a chance to report stuff to us we otherwise might not get a chance to try. Now about that new Ferrari....