2 great new itunes 7 tricks! =)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I like almost all the new features. There's one cool trick you may not have noticed. If you launch iTunes 7 while holding the Option and Command keys you'll get the chance to pick your iTunes Library or create a new one. This will allow some creative solutions to storing large libraries in different locations.

Trick source

While playing around with Cover Flow view I came across an album which I realised should really be added to one of my existing playlists. I took a notion to see if I could just drag the album cover to the playlist icon in the Source panel (why is this now un-named, incidentally?) ? and, lo and behold, it worked! This is wonderfully convenient. I don?t remember being able to do anything like this before. Wasn?t it necessary to select all the tracks first and then drag the selection to the playlist icon?

trick Source

I just noticed I never introduced myself!

So hello every one, I'm Dan, and I love Mac's. (does that do it? )

I really want to contribute to this amazing place, and I hope this was a good start..!

Amigo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amigo

Wasn?t it necessary to select all the tracks first and then drag the selection to the playlist icon?

If you had browse view on, you could always drag an album from the top window to a playlist.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    oh, thanks didn't know that =)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    awesome, thanks amigo.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amigo

If you launch iTunes 7 while holding the Option and Command keys you'll get the chance to pick your iTunes Library or create a new one.

To clarify, you only need to hold down the option key.

Another thing I noticed is that there's a Skip Count column now that keeps track of how many times you've skipped a song similar to the Play Count.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Yep, cool feature. There's also a Last Skipped time/date. Nice for smart playlists figuring out which songs you don't like so much.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    amigoamigo Posts: 6member
    I'm very glad you'all liked the tips =) I hope I'll find some more to report..