Am I being pedantic?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I purchased a 20-inch iMac (love it) and configured it to come with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Right, you know how on the Apple keyboard the actual letters are aligned bottom left. (the actual ink that's printed onto each individual key), well on the wireless keyboard all of the printed letters are slightly offset to the right which to me (and probably a lot of you) would really stand out.

Do you think I'm being too pedantic or is it right for me to get a replacement when I've spend so much on the computer?

Does anyone else have the same problem?

and what do people recommend I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    1) Compare it to other wireless keyboards. The font/placement of the letters on keys has changed a lot recently. May be just the style for that model, period.

2) How's it going to stand out, if the wired keyboard is away somewhere???
  • Reply 2 of 10
    ijmacijmac Posts: 40member
    If the keys have changed they've changed for the worse, they don't look 'perfect' like the other keyboard does, things look as if they've been aligned incorrectly.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Well, my point was that exchanging it for another one won't change anything. If you don't like the look, then return it and look for one you do like.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    ijmacijmac Posts: 40member
    It's not the look, it's the fact it seems like it was a manufactoring error where all the letters have been printed on slightly to the right of where they should have been.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Then take it back, if you're not happy with it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Why not leave feedback to Apple here?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    are you being pedantic?

well if you have to ask....
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijmac

Do you think I'm being too pedantic or is it right for me to get a replacement when I've spend so much on the computer?

Actually, you're being fastidious. I'm being pedantic.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    It's not something that would bother me.

If it bothers you, then I would follow the suggestion of checking to see if it is standard for that keyboard or not.

I think it should look like the wired keyboard without the cord. Take a look at the lettering on this:

http://sfsubookstore.com/catalog/images/L413574.jpg
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Sixty seconds on the Apple site offered this:

http://www.apple.com/pr/products/kb_...kb_mouse.html#

Download a very high-res (full-size?) image of the wireless keyboard there and compare. If it's the same, take it back for a refund, and get another model somewhere else that you like.

If it's not the same, you could try and claim it's defective, but if *all* the keys are the same offset, then... probably not, just a style change, see option #1.

In either case, I'm not sure how asking on here is helpful, since we can't see your keyboard, nor can we judge or change your aesthetics, but... *shrug*