Mac Pro Question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am about to buy a Mac Pro this week. I am looking at all my options before I go and drop a serious amount of money on a tower. I have noticed that the ram from Apple is a little on the exspensive side. I was wondering if it was possible to buy 6 GB of ram WITH heat sinks on them already, so all I have to do is slide them in when it gets here. I have been looking around, but I haven't been able to find any. Anyone know??

Comments

• Reply 2 of 5
    hmmm well, after seeing that some of the heat sinks do just slide on, and not all of them you need to stick on, I don't think it will be that hard to do. I was looking at some cheap heat sinks I guess, I will look at some ram, and some heat sinks, and see if it pays to buy everything.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i think the reason that specific ram requires heatsinks is because of the cpu style controller on the ram stick.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    check out www.maxupgrades.com You can buy just the heatsinks or Samsung DDR-II FB-DIMMs with their heatsink already installed. Pretty much the best price I've seen for non-generic ram.

I ordered 4x1GB sticks from them, should be here today or tomorrow.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Well, maxupgrades.com doesn't seem to bad at all, thanx!