Will MacWorld offer any signifigance for MBPs?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm a Mac user who has wanted a powerbook/MBP for well over three years now, and always seems to find some excuse to wait for the next best thing. Originally there was the G5 white elephant, and then the promise of Intel, and finally, almost two years ago, I caved and bought my Mac Mini after MacWorld '05.

Now that I'm back in University, I've desperately been in need for one since September began. With all the talk of Meron, however, I felt (and still do) that I'd be a fool to settle for what is almost a year old Apple product when a new one was (or seemed to be) so soon on the horizon. Now, two months later, I need a laptop more than ever, and still Apple delays the product launch. Given that I have only a month and a half left before exams begin and the semester ends, there's almost no hope of actually getting such a prodct to me in that time frame, and so I wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to wait and see what MacWorld has to offer.

Obviously that won't be Leopard or Santa Rosa, and obviously I don't want to spend my entire second semester without a laptop as well, simply on the grounds of waiting for something better still.

So, do you believe MacWorld will bear any signifigance? A price drop, a moderate bump in specs, or anything at all useful to a buyer in my position, save funky periphery?

Thanks for reading my small novel there and for your patience in helping my deliberation.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    abhayabhay Posts: 45member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackwave

I'm a Mac user who has wanted a powerbook/MBP for well over three years now, and always seems to find some excuse to wait for the next best thing. Originally there was the G5 white elephant, and then the promise of Intel, and finally, almost two years ago, I caved and bought my Mac Mini after MacWorld '05.

Now that I'm back in University, I've desperately been in need for one since September began. With all the talk of Meron, however, I felt (and still do) that I'd be a fool to settle for what is almost a year old Apple product when a new one was (or seemed to be) so soon on the horizon. Now, two months later, I need a laptop more than ever, and still Apple delays the product launch. Given that I have only a month and a half left before exams begin and the semester ends, there's almost no hope of actually getting such a prodct to me in that time frame, and so I wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to wait and see what MacWorld has to offer.

Obviously that won't be Leopard or Santa Rosa, and obviously I don't want to spend my entire second semester without a laptop as well, simply on the grounds of waiting for something better still.

So, do you believe MacWorld will bear any signifigance? A price drop, a moderate bump in specs, or anything at all useful to a buyer in my position, save funky periphery?

Thanks for reading my small novel there and for your patience in helping my deliberation.

There will always be something new right at the corner, it all depends on your needs. I have also been waiting impatiently to get a merom based macbook pro. I was originally thinking that they will release merom based macbook pro's in sept sometime so then they can relwase some revision during macworld but since the launch has been delayed, I won't be surprised if they don't have any update then. They might release a merom based macbook pro sometime before thanksgiving and then some revision around leopard launch. No-one really knows, but based on forums, it seems like they might have merom update now and may be a few current things from current macbooks now and then may be a new enclosure during leopard launch. Also, if they don't include wireless n now, they will have that in the notebooks they release with leopard. Of course, this is all a guess, no-one really knows. Just taking a shot..