6G iPod Video coming in Dec??

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Hmmm, if true this could be a real "Zune Killer" Not that it needed killing anyway. I was on the verge of getting a video iPod but I will just have to wait until December now to find out
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf

Hmmm, if true this could be a real "Zune Killer" Not that it needed killing anyway. I was on the verge of getting a video iPod but I will just have to wait until December now to find out

it would be a massacre not a killing LMAO
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Hi all;

I've had my G5 since fall 2003 but I don't have an iPod. This year I got a digital camera and am contemplating what to do when my memory cards get full [other than buy more cards] when I'm away from home. What is the chance of Apple producing an iPod with a larger screen within the next 12 months? BTW, there are portable devices which store pictures and play MP3s but I figure the iPod would be better for music.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    maybe the 6g iPod would have a scroll wheel and screen just like the regular ipod, but the scroll wheel would have a hinge at the bottom ( small and unnoticable ) that would fold out and reveal the rest of the screen.

then the scroll wheel part could be folded back behind the unit ( in horizontal mode ) and used as a kick-stand kind of thing which would keep the iPod up.

( sorry if that was confusing )
  • Reply 25 of 33
    something like this?
  • Reply 26 of 33
    A note on tactile feedback-

This is the largest drawback for me and I do think I will have to decide if the tradeoff is worth it. However, the latest ipods really only have feedback on the click. The only feedback I can tell during the scroll is the clicking sound if you have that enabled. As far as in pocket, the slightly different texture of the wheel in current incarnatios provides feedback. I think it would be great if the software was intuitive to start the scroll wheel wherever you touched the touch screen. The buttons are the real problem. I am hoping apple has at least a decent solution. I think tactile feedback is essential for buttons. The new bezel patend doesn't even answer it very much for me. Might just have to be a sacrafice for a big screen still in a small package.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    julesjules Posts: 149member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rmh1572

A note on tactile feedback-

This is the largest drawback for me and I do think I will have to decide if the tradeoff is worth it. However, the latest ipods really only have feedback on the click. The only feedback I can tell during the scroll is the clicking sound if you have that enabled. As far as in pocket, the slightly different texture of the wheel in current incarnatios provides feedback. I think it would be great if the software was intuitive to start the scroll wheel wherever you touched the touch screen. The buttons are the real problem. I am hoping apple has at least a decent solution. I think tactile feedback is essential for buttons. The new bezel patend doesn't even answer it very much for me. Might just have to be a sacrafice for a big screen still in a small package.

Sony has worked out a system for tactile feedback for touchscreens I thought. Cant find the link tho...
  • Reply 28 of 33
    If it's not announced by Thanksgiving, I doubt that it will be released by Christmas. They'd miss the shopping season.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Easy way to do the touchscreen interface... gestures!

Don't have a scroll wheel region... let the user do their gesture anywhere on the screen. Tap to select item. Scroll fingers in circle to scroll list. Draw a down&left stroke for next song or whatever. Anyone who's used Cocoa Gestures will be at home

Amorya
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Otherwise trusted sourced trustedreviews.com say their sources (a companies CEO from the Made-for-iPod program) have told them unequivocally that the fullscreen touchscreen iPod Video is coming in December. It seems strange for Trusted Reviews to just make this up out of thin air. That and it's still over two months 'till Christmas. I'm thinking given the timing/time frame/sources, that I actually believe this one.

I really doubt this. For starters - it would be pretty expensive - and wouldn't even really directly compete with the Zune because it would be at LEAST $100 more.

2nd - Apple does not need to do anything different to beat down the Zune - it will fail on it's own just like the others.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the cool gut

I really doubt this. For starters - it would be pretty expensive - and wouldn't even really directly compete with the Zune because it would be at LEAST $100 more.

2nd - Apple does not need to do anything different to beat down the Zune - it will fail on it's own just like the others.

What's a Zune?
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcdstudios

something like this?

yes that video is what I was going for. ( yes I have seen the video before )
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

What's a Zune?

Zune

*notes the sarcasm*