dreamweaver

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i recently got dreamweaver 2004. i used it, loved it. i found it was very similar to dreamweaver i had on my pc so pc to mac was an easy switch. but i was being an idiot one day and i closed the windows (im not sure what they are callled, they have like the little utilitys bar thing) i would like to get the ui back to the defult setting.

any help would be appreciated

zak

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zfmtzfmt Posts: 53member
    oh how silly of me a novice mistake. i figured it out ill let you guys know what happened just in case anyone is having the same problem.

in the insert bar there is a menu on the left side. just go to common or what ever is nessasary.

hah, i laugh at myself
  • Reply 2 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zfmt

i recently got dreamweaver 2004. i used it, loved it. i found it was very similar to dreamweaver i had on my pc so pc to mac was an easy switch. but i was being an idiot one day and i closed the windows (im not sure what they are callled, they have like the little utilitys bar thing) i would like to get the ui back to the defult setting.

any help would be appreciated

zak

Check the "Window" menu at the top of the screen. The unchecked ones represent windows/menus that are not open. Checked ones are open.

Also, how could you have gotten dreamweaver 2004 recently? The most current version, v8, part of Studio 8, has been our for a while now.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    I strongly recommend v8, because MX2004 does not has tabs on the Mac version which makes it a pain to use when working with multiple documents (Guess they were lazy at the time).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Also Dreamweaver 8 is considerably more stable than 2004 when running in Rosetta.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Agreed. Use Dreamweaver 8. Superior to MX.