Heroes

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
So how many people here have watched NBC's new show "Heroes"? I personally love it and I'm glad to find some intriguing television. My favorite character so far is Hiro, the Japanese guy. I think that he has the coolest and most vague power. Who wouldn't want to bend time and space? The show in general has wonderful quality, in my opinion. I really like the complex story that it has so far. What do the rest of you think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Um... it will be around for a season or two but it's like smallville for adults... neither of which are needed.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I doubt it will last. I figure it'll be moved around a couple of times and then finally canned. NBC just doesn't know how to do those kind of shows.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    The ratings on it are something NBC isn't used to and the show is actually really good. Yeah, I like Hiro, especially how he just showed up from the future this past week and had a sword, that was kind of cool.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I'm digging it. I think it's the best sci fi a big 3 network can do. I like the cheerleader. Being just about indestructible would be fun.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    I dont watch much tv but have been watching Heros and like it, especially the fact that i can catch it on NBC.com when i miss an episode.. But my guess it they will can it cause thats what they ususally do to shows i like. some rediculous show that require no imagination or reality show will undoubtedly take its place
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton

Hey Smallville is not bad and it's lasted how many seasons now. Haven't heard of Heroes, but it sounds interesting.

Smallville isn't bad because of the attractive actresses...
  • Reply 7 of 18
    rerun tonight
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

rerun tonight

I think they're re-airing the first three eps, followed by the new ep.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    I guess on Monday.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

I guess on Monday.

My cable guide says there's a new one at 9:00 my time tonight.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

Smallville isn't bad because of the attractive actresses...

... and special effects and decent plotlines. Dialog is a bit lame at times but overall, Smallville is one of the best Superman stories I've seen. I prefer it to the original movies and the new movie just plain sucked. The worst series had to be The New Adventures of Superman with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    I never really got into Smallville. I could sit through an episode and not complain, which is pretty good considering today's selection.

Anyone watch the Heroes episode last night? The stories are really starting to come together.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:

Yes, Lana is the most unfreakingbelievably hot woman on TV.

Sometimes I think she's hot and at other times not so much. Now that Erica Durance is in there as Lois, I don't take much notice of Lana.

Quote:

But the best character in Smallville is Lex. Clark is a bore.

The thing about Clark is that even though he's a bore, (bear in mind that I am completely comfortable with my heterosexuality) he has to be the best looking guy I've ever seen in my life. I think that's important for Superman because he has to be someone you would want to be. The guy they used in the recent movie looked like a nerd. He reminded me a bit of Chris Noth (Mr Big) from Sex and the City (bear in mind that I only watched that show because I am completely comfortable with my heterosexuality).

I think Lex is a good character too and I also think that Kevin Spacey was wrong in the part. His head is too small and his ears are too pointy. I honestly think they should've made a Smallville movie spin-off for the big screen. The episodes are 40 minutes long each anyway so splice two together and you've practically got a feature length movie.

I checked out the Heroes trailer and it looks pretty good. One flaw I can see is that if too many people have super powers, the character development dies. In Smallville, Superman has the powers most of the time, Lana is his love interest, Lex is the nemesis, the Kents are the homely kind folks, Chloe is the reporter and maybe one or two people get powers per episode. As they say in The Incredibles "when everyone is super, no one will be".
  • Reply 14 of 18
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    I tried digging heroes, but it's not happening. It has a cool idea behind it, but the end result is really just more network trash. Maybe as time goes on the production quality will go up, but they've already made it clear that the characters are just going to be a bunch of cliches with no depth so they can appeal to the wider network audience. \

That said, I do really like the fact that shows with interesting premises and long-term, unfolding plots like lost and heroes are on network TV.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

So how many people here have watched NBC's new show "Heroes"? I personally love it and I'm glad to find some intriguing television. My favorite character so far is Hiro, the Japanese guy. I think that he has the coolest and most vague power. Who wouldn't want to bend time and space? The show in general has wonderful quality, in my opinion. I really like the complex story that it has so far. What do the rest of you think?

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the quality. I look forward to every episode now. Favorite character: Hiro.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I can't stand TV episodes that don't have a sense of conclusion, but there are enough characters, sub plots, and interaction in this show to got me hooked. Not to mention I try to find the "hidded" symbol everywhere. It seems like an unusually well-scripted show. I am usually very critical of TV, but this show actually has my vote. But then, did did Firefly and we all know what happened to that... 8)