User password

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a 15" Powerbook at the office with Panther OS. I have a problem with it. As I stated in "Add a printer" thread I am trying to install a printer.

The problem is that when I execute the application inside the dmg for the printer it asks for the user password. When I enter the password it says that the password is incorrect. The password is the correct one, I know for sure, there are no other users on the Powerbook and there is not set a Master password. I have tried to change the password and it works, except when I try to install this driver it says that the password is incorrect.

What can I do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    If the application on the dmg is a .pkg file, you can use Pacifist to install the files:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6812

What printer model is it?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

If the application on the dmg is a .pkg file, you can use Pacifist to install the files:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6812

What printer model is it?

No, it is not a pkg file. It is a simple dmg disk image. Here u can find the printer model. The thing that worries me is this password error that I don't understand. I know the password for sure (and the password is recognised in the other applications), there are no other admin users (or any users at all) on the powerbook and the Powerbook doesn't have set a master password.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    I presume that you are trying to run the installer for your HP LaserJet entitled HP LaserJet v5.5.2.051. It accepts my administrative password and (re)installs the software with nary a hiccup. You might be well-served to back through the process slowly and make sure that you are entering the correct password. If it still does not work, redownload the .dmg file and try again.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    artanisartanis Posts: 156member
    I did everything you said and still doesn't work. I created a secondary admin account and the pssword isn't recognised for that also. The password is recognised in all the other processes and applications in which is required.