Really frustrated with my iBook G4

pripri
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Firstly it takes foreverrr or never loads a file from a website I need to load a quiz or something of that nature

Then it isnt burning CDs for some reason

Very randomly it starts processing something in middle of a safari application too, and gets stuck and freezes,

what the hell could be wrong iwth my computer

Someone please be kind enough to ease my frustration here!

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Maybe you have a bad hard drive. Safari has to cache stuff to your hard drive when loading pages and has to read from your drive as well as cache data when writing CDs.

Run Disk Utility and see what it says.

If that doesn't show anything significant, try cleaning out your system caches using cocktail.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    pripri Posts: 18member
    whats cocktail, where do i get it from

i installed firefox and now it l oads faster, but i still have the disk burning problem, any solution for that
  • Reply 3 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/

What is happening with the disc burning, is it failing before it starts writing or during writing? Also what software are you using to do it?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I am using iTunes

Its really wierd, it sometimes doesnt start at all saying that burner software not found, and other times while writing, it burns two songs and then takes forever and my computer starts to make some weird sounds

Appreciate your help

Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 6
    please please soomeone please help me

I rreally need to b urn these CDs and this thing wont even eject my CD out

If I try to burn it, it says burner software not found

And it is acting as if there is no CD inside it, whereas there IS a CD in there and it just wont eject it , no matter what I use

It does eject it at random times, I ve restarted my computer a million times now

Other times it tells me that the burner software is not available,, wtf

HELPPPPPP people pleasee
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I think my computer isnt detecting the presence of the CD in the drive, i have no idea why

anyone know what could be the problem