Whatcha Listening To... Returns

Comments

• Reply 361 of 418
    Andrew Bird - Noble Beast

Parliament - Mothership Connection
  • Reply 362 of 418
    I'm absolutely loving Andrew Bird. He plucks the violin, whistles, plays guitar, and is a fantastic songwriter.

• Reply 365 of 418
    drjedidrjedi Posts: 61member
    Anti-Nowhere League, The Undertones, The Avengers, Stiff Little Fingers, Sham 69, The Weirdos, Peter & The Test Tube Babies, Joy Division... been on a classic punk kick lately
  • Reply 366 of 418
    Moriarty - Gee Whiz, but This is a Lonesome Town (iTunes Link)

More Psychedelic Folk, this time with a girl singer.
  • Reply 367 of 418
    I'm currently listening to- The All-American Rejects, The Bolts, Coldplay, The White Tie Affair, Jason Mraz, and etc.
  • Reply 368 of 418
    I was so disappointed with the Jason Mraz show here in Hong Kong that I'm seriously considering deleting him from my iTunes. What a way to alienate fans, jerk!
  • Reply 369 of 418
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I was so disappointed with the Jason Mraz show here in Hong Kong that I'm seriously considering deleting him from my iTunes. What a way to alienate fans, jerk!

What did he do?
  • Reply 370 of 418
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

What did he do?

He played a 90-minute set, with no support act, finishing at 10:00pm. People left and right were wondering aloud, "Is that it!?" He played a setlist that omitted nearly all of the best and favorite tracks from previous albums in favor of mediocre tracks from the new album. He went on for 20 minutes of the precious 90 he gave us trying to goad the crowd into singing along with a horrible take on Marley's "Three Little Birds" instead of playing his own music, or his proven cover track, "Rocket Man".

Probably not his fault, the majority of the US$70 tickets offered seats where the acoustics were absolutely horrible and you couldn't even see close enough to notice whether Toca had a goatee or not.

He had almost no chemistry with the audience (except for the 12 year-old girls screaming "I love you Jason, you're HOT!!!!"), which might be why he cut it so short, but that shows a level of selfishness and unprofessionalism if true.

But the thing I really blame him for was the length of the show and the setlist:

Make It Mine

Geek In The Pink

You And I Both [Medley]

If It Kills Me

Lucky - with Fiona Sit

Only Human

Clockwatching

Unfold

Live High - with Khalil Fong

Dynamo

I'm Yours (Three Little Birds)

[encore]

Mr. Curiosity

The Remedy (I Won't Worry)

No Stopping Us

Butterfly

I don't know if any of you have ever paid $70 for 90 minutes of music in a horrible auditorium before. I've been to literally hundreds of live performances, and honestly, this was the most disappointing out of every single one.

That said, "Mr. Curiosity", and "Butterfly" (the best song from the latest album) chosen for the finale were highlights. In fact, the encore was great. The rest of she show should have been what the encore was. It just did not have any momentum, whatsoever.
  • Reply 371 of 418
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    New Placebo Record, Battle For the Sun is awesome. Should be on iTunes on Monday for UK and Tuesday for US.

Exclusive track included on the Taiwan/Hong Kong/Singapore release is an incredible remix of "Post Blue" from Meds.

And I'm buying tickets on Monday for the concert which will be on August 3rd. Unfortunately, it's also at Star Hall, but at least this time, it's GA (standing) so it should be better.

• Reply 372 of 418
    mactrippermactripper Posts: 1,328member
    Listening to the Best of Times by Styx.

I have iTunes Library of over 900 artists, over 8000 songs

Over 3300 hits songs, mostly in Classic Rock, some new rock/alt hits, a bit in other genres.

I have group organized nearly all the songs based upon stress level:

Very Hard:........like nearly all Testament, Metallica etc.

Hard:................like most AC/DC, ZZ Top, Ozzy, etc.

Medium:...........most like Elton John, Bruce Springstein etc.

Easy:.................lighter songs of any artist.

as well as their genre and if they are hits or not.

This allows me to make very custom smart playlists.

For example a song could get a grouping like:

Classic Rock Hard Hits or New Rock Medium Good*

Blues Hard Hits or Pop Easy Good

*(good enough to listen too, but perhaps not a hit)

Anyway it took me a couple of years in my spare time, first finding so many classic rock hits, then organizing them and grouping them.

What I have now is a iPod/Library that is truly a joy to use.

I can set it to the stress level or mood people are open too in a particular genre or even a mix of genres.

I have enough "hits" that I don't even bother listening to the cd filler songs, slowly dumping them for disk space.

Anyway if you got this far before I bored you, I can pdf (or ods even better) then email out my work in Classic Rock. This will give anyone asking (via PM) a list of so many classic rock artists (count 352 artists) "hit" songs as well as their "grouping". Might come across songs you haven't heard and aid you in your classifications. Will save a lot of work for you if your interested.

I only have Classic Rock nailed, just missing a few songs perhaps. But the best of 352 artists is quite a feat.

Sorry as you know iTMS music is tagged, so don't ask for the music.
  • Reply 373 of 418
    mumbo jumbomumbo jumbo Posts: 1,633member
    Eyvind Kang: Virginal Coordinates

very curious, anthemic jazz music
  • Reply 374 of 418
    Band of Horses - Infinite Arms

Third album from this fantastic folk-rock band. Sounds great! Not as good as Fleet Foxes, but I really enjoy listening to this band.
  • Reply 375 of 418
    You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

====================================

Cheap SEO
  • Reply 376 of 418
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening

Oh, yeah! Drunk Girls! Oh, yeah!
  • Reply 377 of 418
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening

Oh, yeah! Drunk Girls! Oh, yeah!

Saw them two weeks ago in NYC. Great show
  • Reply 378 of 418
    Seeing as I'm going to be RIGHT THERE in oh... approximately 5 days...
  • Reply 379 of 418
    abercrombie and fitch Clothing styles and characteristics are often the first place abercrombie clothing through visual illusions caused by color, abercrombie fitch reasonable and harmonious color combinations can often bring abercrombie mens about amazing visuals, in it is refreshing. In general, the color shade and well-being of the abercrombie clothing points. Dark appear stable, calm, light-colored look elegant, and generous; cool look serene, dignified, warm look warm and lively. If an appropriate combination of a variety of colors, you can get your dress more attractive .For we often have different views, some focus on quality, and some care about style, while others work hard to match in color. At here you will find that our clothes will not only focus on the quality of clothes ,but also will follow the popular trend of the moment, not outstanding are not far behind, in line with the aesthetic needs of the public. Beautifull clothes and good quality is the customer's requirements, abercrombie store but also reflects the purpose of our brand abercrombie usa.
  • Reply 380 of 418
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTripper View Post

Hard:................like most AC/DC, ZZ Top, Ozzy, etc.

his latest one is a Must! Amazing record