Bootcamp Questions

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So i finally bit the bullet and bought a version of windows to use for bootcamp. The installation went well and everything I just had a couple questions.

1). When on tiger, I have the Macintosh HD shortcut, but also the windows one. I was wondering if there is a way to hide the windows hard drive shortcut since I do not need to open those files while on tiger. (I tried moving it but it just makes an alias)

2). I installed all my drivers and everything, but when I log onto windows, it at first doesnt work with my mouse and keyboard (they are both bluetooth), I usually have to turn them off and then on a couple of times to get them working. Just wondering if there was a solution to this. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    I have the same issue. When XP first boots, I do not have mouse or keyboard access. All that I have to do is click the mouse, then in a couple of seconds, ie 5 seconds or so, I have mouse and keyboard access. I haven't timed it to see for sure, but I probably don't even need to click the mouse. It would probably work just fine on it's own.

For what it's worth, after doing all the reading, I am planning to uninstal Boot Camp right now. I've been using Parallels for a couple of weeks and haven't even booted to Windows during that time. I don't play any games, so I don't care about the speed. I only need one program, NetObject Fusion for my web design so Parallels is perfect for me.

I'm also using Vista, and Umbuntu Linux under Parallels - just for fun!

-----

iMac 20" Core 2 Duo

8GB Nano

1GB Shuffle

1GB Shuffle 2G (if it ever ships)

Soon? MacBook (hopefully)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kzelk4kzelk4 Posts: 100member
    You seem to have the exact same computer as me. Maybe it was fixed with the new update to bootcamp, but it seems to just be for the new macbook pro core 2 duos.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    If you're talking about the update that was released today, I'll install that before I actually remove Boot Camp from my system. Then I'll report back what I found.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I installed Boot Camp 1.1.2 and had no major problems. Just like 1.1.1 (which was my first BC install), I had to start it out with a usb mouse rather than the bluetooth mouse. No big deal there. Once it was installed, I had to turn my kybd off, then on again to get it to work. After that, it seemed to recognize both devices after a very short wait - just like previously. I can't do any more testing though, because my XP activation expired after one of my reboots. I don't want to activate it now, because I'm going to activate it under Parallels shortly so I'll now be removing Boot Camp.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Alright, thanks. I'm gonna update it now and fool around with it a little bit.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    How about the solution to hide the icon on the desktop to the windows partition? It's not that big of a deal, just doesn't look quite as nice.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I don't know the answer to that one. I just left it there.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    k I'll make a new thread for it