Refurb iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey, just wondering if anyone out there has ordered a refurbished iPod from the Apple website. I'm looking at ordering one, but my only concern is the condition it's in (ie. scratches, scuffs, etc). If anyone out there has ordered one, could you let me know about your experience with it. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    very doubtful it'll have any issues. refurbs are nearly perfect, I've bought several refurbed items from apple and they have been spotless.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    I bought a 1GB Shuffle early in 2006. The packaging was a little different in that it's not the normal box. It's just a plain cardboard box. But, all the contents were perfect (new). I couldn't tell that it was a refur'd unit. It probably was just an open box or something. I would guess that the 512MB Shuffles that are only $29 are probably just excess inventory, repackaged, and labeled as refurb'd just to move them. That's just a guess though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    dwalkdwalk Posts: 14member
    That's all good to know. The only problem now is the refrurb'd iPod video I was looking at has disappeared from the site. *sigh* I guess I'll have to wait for another one to show up, or (*shudders*) have to spend an extra $90 on a new one. Guess I shouldn't have waited that extra day...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dwalk

That's all good to know. The only problem now is the refrurb'd iPod video I was looking at has disappeared from the site. *sigh* I guess I'll have to wait for another one to show up, or (*shudders*) have to spend an extra $90 on a new one. Guess I shouldn't have waited that extra day...

ya i'm looking to get a refub ipod video... they go pretty quickly, so if you see one grab it as soon as you can... this will be my first venture into refubs, but have heard only good things so far... good luck
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Refurbs are back in the store now (15 Nov 06).

Related topic--the refurb 60GB and 30GB "iPods with video" (i.e. 5G vs. the current 5.5G) support the feature where the letter pops up when scrolling fast, but not the search capability, correct?