Albuquerque Apple Store Grand Opening - Photos

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My workmates and I went to the grand opening of the ABQ Apple Store today and posted some pics on our blog at the following URL:

http://www.clearwired.com/loop/archi...e-in-ABQ!.html

It's been a long time coming! Good riddance to CompUSA!

-Andrew

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Congrats to the ABQ's!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by segdeha

My workmates and I went to the grand opening of the ABQ Apple Store ...

It's been a long time coming! Good riddance to CompUSA!

ROFL In 2000-2002 in San Francisco there was no AppleStore. That's right, it was CompUSA for all your major Mac needs in downtown San Fran. Fracking tragic, it was, though it had some nice iMacs set up for free Internet. The tech guy was quite decent at CompUSA when my PC firewire card fried my iBook G3 firewire ports like 3 times (requiring 3 logic board replacements in the space of several months -- he was suspicious but knew that I didn't tamper with anything so he was a good sort about it). When buying my iBook G3 and PowerBook G4 later on though at CompUSA they pushed the AppleCare like so hard I felt like saying "SHUT THE FRACK UP OKAY I DON'T WANT THE FRIGGIN APPLECARE AT THIS STAGE!!!! JUST LET ME PAY FOR MY STUFF AND OPEN UP THE SWEET SWEET BOX O' MAC GOODNESS!!!"

Ah, just a few years later and we have a Louvre-ripoff Apple Store HQ in NYC 5th Ave and over 100 stores across the USA. And in Australia and Malaysia as well there has been an increasing number of Apple resellers, though in Malaysia as I have complained before the models on display are absolutely bloody tragic. Melbourne and Sydney in Australia have decent representation through NextBytes, AppleCentres, and Streetwise.Com.Au
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Very nice. The way anyone that sells Apple stuff should be. Holding the new range of iPods, across the range, I am wayyy impressed and quite surprised how *THIN* they are nowadays. Kate Moss eat your heart out! Actually, if the iPods get any thinner they'd disappear completely.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    They should have opened it in the old DEC building.