Bluetooth Headphones Apple Style.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi.

Here is what I think the bluetooth earphones from Apple will look .

Just like the corded ones !!!

The difference is that the new cord carries not only audio but power from the iPod to charge the tiny battery inside the bluetooth earphones.

So when they are charging , it looks like an ordinary iPod in every way. And you're listening to your tunes normally as any iPod user out there. But when the tiny earphones are charged you get a tiny beep on the sound and you just pull the cord from the earphones and from the iPod.

Voila ! You're gone wireless.

Whaddayathink ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    It would be way too easy to lose them.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBG3

It would be way too easy to lose them.

I agree with you there, but that concept is absolutely ingenious. If implemented correctly it could be brilliant. Things like a clever way to stop the buds falling out, without hooks going round the top of your ears etc.

The trick is though, that the beep should not only happen once, but there should be a series of three beeps every five minutes, and with a new tab in the ipod menu when you plug into iTunes, you could adjust the amount of times your earphones beep from a drop down menu with three choices, one, two or three beeps. The same goes for the increments between beeps or beep groups, every 2mins, every 5mins, every 10mins or never.

I know you (European guy) kind of meant this as a joke, seen as you have that smiley-face up there, but I think this is actually a very good idea. Get on that feedback button my man.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    What about earphones that don't go in the ear? Kinda like Frankenstein's neck-bolts?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I agree with you there, but that concept is absolutely ingenious. If implemented correctly it could be brilliant. Things like a clever way to stop the buds falling out, without hooks going round the top of your ears etc.

The trick is though, that the beep should not only happen once, but there should be a series of three beeps every five minutes, and with a new tab in the ipod menu when you plug into iTunes, you could adjust the amount of times your earphones beep from a drop down menu with three choices, one, two or three beeps. The same goes for the increments between beeps or beep groups, every 2mins, every 5mins, every 10mins or never.

I know you (European guy) kind of meant this as a joke, seen as you have that smiley-face up there, but I think this is actually a very good idea. Get on that feedback button my man.

i admire enthusiasm in people... but sometimes i get the feeling that if someone suggested that apple bring out "Apple branded" brain surgery for beginners. you would think it a good idea.

or a USB slot in the back of your head for "neural video" or should that be a DOCK connector slot in the back of your head.

all it would take is for Apple to release the neural codes to the 3rd party developers and think of the implication!!!!

WOW

YOU'D buy one go ONNNN of course you would....

...Product Red THAT Opra!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Hi Ireland. Would love to visit your country

I am dead serious, though, about my idea. I think this would be the only elegant solution for bluetooth headphones.

Oh...and if you check my iPod prototypes page (my sig) you will see how serious I am.

Regards.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I believe that wireless earphones need to be connected to each other, for stereo for example. But also, to be unconnected to each other would require each ear bud to have its own battery and it's own wireless receiver. They would have to have some super micro engineering to keep to the current format.

But I do like the idea of using the earphones while they charge. My Logitec Wireless need to be plugged into the wall, both the earphones and the transmitter are charged at the same time. Takes a lot of battery power, so tiny earbuds may not be able to hold sufficient power.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Hi Ireland. Would love to visit your country

I am dead serious, though, about my idea. I think this would be the only elegant solution for bluetooth headphones.

Oh...and if you check my iPod prototypes page (my sig) you will see how serious I am.

Regards.

Cheers!

I love this mock-up concept for the iPhone you did:

Apple could make it spring-loaded, so when you filp it round it naturally snaps into a uniform position for use, it would be perfect!

If Apple used your concept, and made it look like this phone (the one in the closed position), it would be sooooo sweet!

p.s. I doubt the external aerial would be needed though, seen as the phone is going to be made from radiotransparent zirconia