Aperture backup question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have used Aperture for a year and love it. I regularly backup the images to my LaCie hard drive for security. I loaded all of the images from the hard drive today and there are only 1000 blank squares, no images in those downloaded to the LaCie. Since my iMac hard drive is intact I am not going to panic yet, but I could use some help, Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flagstaff434

I have used Aperture for a year and love it. I regularly backup the images to my LaCie hard drive for security. I loaded all of the images from the hard drive today and there are only 1000 blank squares, no images in those downloaded to the LaCie. Since my iMac hard drive is intact I am not going to panic yet, but I could use some help, Thanks

Are you using the "Vault" back-up feature in Aperture to back up? If not... start doing so now.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball

Are you using the "Vault" back-up feature in Aperture to back up? If not... start doing so now.

I am using the vault, but when I went to the place where the vault images were stored, there were only frames and no images stored. Now I have disconnected the vault and am not sure how to reconnect it. I guess I need the vault manua.......