My "Fall Back" Driving Rant

Comments

• Reply 21 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

Check.

Check.

15 seconds? It takes a little longer than that at Sheetz. Usually a few minutes or more.

(24" ?? that's insane. And probably something I would eat at 3:14 AM lol)

I think it's called the "two-foot." I've only seen one person order one, ever, and as I mentioned I used to spend a lot of time at "the Wa" latenight. The "Classic" (10") is definitely large enough to be a effective alcohol sponge, especially if it's the hot-chicken. These have enough grease and salt in them to mop up a gut full of well-drinks.

Anyway, the dude who bought the two-foot was one big hombre. Then he stood near the door and housed the whole thing while his friends were waiting for their normal-sized hoagies to be made.
  • Reply 22 of 74
    That reminds me...why the hell do they call it a hoagie on the East Coast?

Here, we call it a Sub.

Ask for a "hoagie" here and you might end up with this...

• Reply 23 of 74
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I used to work in the pizza business. Once daylight savings time ended people would go crazy insane ordering pizzas at dusk like the freaking world was gonna end once the sun set.
  • Reply 24 of 74
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Personalized touch screen hoagies? 15 seconds?

Holy shit, what's been going on over on the right side of the country while I've been lolling about in CA? Why in the name of hell has California not gotten off its ass and deployed the personalized touch screen nigh unto instaneous hoagies? Is it gridlock in Sacramento? Squabbling interest groups? Some kind of hippy thing?

Sigh. Once, we were trend setters. The Golden State. How the mighty have fallen.
  • Reply 25 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Does sheetz have touchscreen monitors so that you can order your hoagie (4, 6, 8, 10 or 24") at 3:15AM to a high degree of personalization in about 15 seconds? Then you can go around the store to pick up the other essential items, finally picking up your now-ready hoagie on the way out after having paid.

Now that's convenience, dammit. The fresh donuts come in around 4:30AM.

15 seconds?

I can order my hoagie as fast as the computer loads the screen, it takes me 3.2 seconds.
  • Reply 26 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

15 seconds?

I can order my hoagie as fast as the computer loads the screen, it takes me 3.2 seconds.

Stop it, I'm becoming disoriented.
  • Reply 27 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Is it gridlock in Sacramento? Squabbling interest groups? Some kind of hippy thing?

I blame Phil Angelides...
  • Reply 28 of 74
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Stop it, I'm becoming disoriented.

...you'd fit right in with the majority of sheetz/wawa customers after 2am....
  • Reply 29 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

I blame Phil Angelides...

Hmmm...... that makes sense.

Phil Angelides has denied us touch screen nigh unto instantaneous hoagies at 2am because he lacks fire.
  • Reply 30 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ

...you'd fit right in with the majority of sheetz/wawa customers after 2am....

That part we got.
  • Reply 31 of 74
    Quote:

Hmmm...... that makes sense.

Phil Angelides has denied us touch screen night unto instantaneous hoagies at 2am because he lacks fire.

• Reply 32 of 74
    I'm goin' to pick up a wawa hogie right now... mmm mmm good...
  • Reply 33 of 74
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I found a Sheetz off I-83 on my way home from downtown yesterday! (No WaWa sightings yet)
  • Reply 34 of 74
    I am in West Philly so the wawas are convenience stores without the fuel depot... makes for a different environment...
  • Reply 35 of 74
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:

Personalized touch screen hoagies? 15 seconds?

Holy shit, what's been going on over on the right side of the country while I've been lolling about in CA? Why in the name of hell has California not gotten off its ass and deployed the personalized touch screen nigh unto instaneous hoagies? Is it gridlock in Sacramento? Squabbling interest groups? Some kind of hippy thing?

Sigh. Once, we were trend setters. The Golden State. How the mighty have fallen.

Well it takes about 15 secs to order. The hoagie/sub/whatever takes a few minutes to make. But you take the receipt and go get your drink, other food etc. (like a cheese stuffed hot pretzel, made fresh!) and then go pay. After that you take your paid receipt and got pick up your order.
  • Reply 36 of 74
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar

I am in West Philly so the wawas are convenience stores without the fuel depot... makes for a different environment...

Yeah that sucks! I like the new, big ass WaWas. Though there should be some near you.

I was just there today, down at UPENN getting my spine injected with drugs! Just call me "Rush!" Where do you live exactly?
  • Reply 37 of 74
    I am a grad student at penn; live at 44th and pine...
  • Reply 38 of 74
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001

Well it takes about 15 secs to order. The hoagie/sub/whatever takes a few minutes to make. But you take the receipt and go get your drink, other food etc. (like a cheese stuffed hot pretzel, made fresh!) and then go pay. After that you take your paid receipt and got pick up your order.

Damn, I was hoping they were made by robots. Freakishly speedy robots.
  • Reply 39 of 74
    LOL, maybe it's a seasonal thing? Is your town a tourist destination? I know my area is clogged traffic-wise because lots of international tourists and senior citizens visit here from October-December.

And yes, people love to drive 10MPH under the limit when you're in a hurry. It happens to me every day I try to get to work! The road to my job is 35MPH but people love to do 30 or less, and they never pull over even if I ride their tail. There are only two areas with passing lanes and I can never use them due to traffic, so I almost always get to follow the slow tourists all the way to work. I miss having my red Grand Am, people were more likely to get off the road when a red car was tailgating them, but now my white G6 doesn't scare too many off the road. :-(
  • Reply 40 of 74
    Charles. . . you have it easy. I get snowbirds from October through April. Plus, people from Florida don't know how to drive anyway, which makes it a year-long problem.