Boot Camp/Mac Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I currently have a 2Ghz G5 PowerMac, which pretty much does everything I could possibly want; however, there are various PC games coming out soon that all my friends are going to be getting that I wont be able to play. At first I was planning on building a gaming PC and configured a system for a little less than 1500, yet it seems I could sell my PowerMac and get a Mac Pro for the same price as building a gaming PC. Thus my questions...

1. Does bootcamp work well enough on the Mac Pro for it to be an effective gaming machine? What problems does bootcamp currently have that I need to be aware of? Will the X1900XT work well under bootcamp? Will windows Vista Be supported in the Future? etc

2. Considering the Mac Pro will cost me about 1500, after selling my desktop, will it play games as well as a 1500 dollar gaming PC?

3. What factors have I not thought of and could potentially damage my plan etc?

Anyway, I'd rather not have two computers if one will suffice; however, I want to spend my money in the best way possible. I hate windows and if I did buy a gaming PC it would only be used for gaming and the PowerMac for everything else. I wont even use the PC to surf the web or check email. Anyway, any information, opinions, conjecture, insults, or ramblings are most welcome as long as they relate in some way to my post. HAHA

Comments