Suggestions for Dead Pixels on New 17" MBP

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Greetings Forum Experts:

This is my first post at AI. However, I have been reading the AI forums for months preparing to make my first Apple purchase. Thanks for all of the great observations and expertise that are shared.

After lots of deliberation and careful assessment of my budget and needs, I purchased a first generation 17" MacBook Pro (standard specs: 2.16Ghz, 1GB Ram, 120 GB HD).

I made it through the registration process with Apple (though I did not purchase the laptop from Apple). After using the laptop for a few days I've found 3-4 of what I believe are dead pixels. Additionally, the machine runs very warm.

I was prepared to deal with the heat after reading several users posts. However, I'm concerned about the dead pixels. Here's my question: what will Apple's response be if I contact them for warranty support? Will they exchange the entire laptop - if so, I'd be grateful. However, if Apple protocol is to replace the screen on my current laptop, I'm hesitant after reading reports by users that sent their machines in for repair only to have them returned functioning, but with nicks dings and marks from the maintenance. If Apple's warranty protocol is to unscrew my laptop and replace the screen I may be inclined to live with the dead pixels.

Thanks for you input. I'm grateful for any expertise that is shared.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    i think their more likely to take it in for repair. ring apple care, they'll sort you out. bit busy to find the number at the moment but ill get back to it.

but yeh, welcome to AI