Macbook discoloring acetone nail polish remover

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I made a huge mistake of trying to remove some ink that got on the top of my Macbook with ACETONE nail polish remover. I know this works when you you use non-acetone remover but I forgot to read the lable beforehand. It seemed to make a couple large spots discolored, darker white color, and made the surface ruffer. My question is would applecare cover for a new casing or would I have to pay, and does anyone know any other fixes. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Pay. It's self-inflicted damage.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    My daughter did the same. I successfully machine polished the cover with a clean lambs wool pad. The dull appearance dissapeared and the cover was shiny as before.

Arne Mikkelsen
  • Reply 3 of 3
    marvfoxmarvfox Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mongoose8p View Post

I made a huge mistake of trying to remove some ink that got on the top of my Macbook with ACETONE nail polish remover. I know this works when you you use non-acetone remover but I forgot to read the lable beforehand. It seemed to make a couple large spots discolored, darker white color, and made the surface ruffer. My question is would applecare cover for a new casing or would I have to pay, and does anyone know any other fixes. Thanks a lot.

Next time look before you leap.