Cell Computer Project

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello everyone,



I would like to show my project:



Cell Computer Project



http://geocities.com/gene_technics





Regards,



Michael Molin,



GeneTechnics Company

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 2
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gene_technics


    ... the advertisements (1/3 of the screen ? "the ads is at the fingertips of your customers")..



    Need to check your English. Do I understand that Advertisements are going to be filling a third of the display at any time? This device will need have to be free then. I haven't paid any money for a mobile device for about 4 years now (only the average £300 service charges pa). If there are adverts then the service charge will need to be lower than that.



    ---



    IMVHO you are going entirely the wrong way in trying to mimic the full size keyboard; there are plenty of others doing that.



    What about the disabled or elderly? All current devices are designed for those with a full set of digits; can your device be used by those with limited finger movement.



    You need to think of how humans want to enter data in to handheld devices in the future. The QWERTY keyboard is an essentially unnatural stop-gap data entry solution for the typewriter age.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gene_technics


    ... the advertisements (1/3 of the screen - "the ads is at the fingertips of your customers")..



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes


    Need to check your English. Do I understand that Advertisements are going to be filling a third of the display at any time?



    That's my favorite part.



    As you wish. I gave an example of optimal proportion. You could combine your site menu with the ads or give full space to any of them - for displaying it on the second display-keyboard at any time when users are browsing your site on the main display.



    It's a win-win strategy for all - for web site developers, their owners, advertisers and everyone else as consumers.



    Quote:

    This device will need have to be free then. I haven't paid any money for a mobile device for about 4 years now (only the average ?300 service charges pa). If there are adverts then the service charge will need to be lower than that.



    It is designed for the developers first - mobile OS and programs with the menus that are divided from the main document window is a new and advanced thing in comparison with the existing desktop OS programs - that's why it's a next-generation computer and it's the next step ahead. I guess something similar has been realised in Nintendo DS and DS Lite only - according to its harware platform that also has two displays.



    Quote:

    IMVHO you are going entirely the wrong way in trying to mimic the full size keyboard; there are plenty of others doing that.



    Right - in the second part only, of course. That's exactly all about the existing models. That's why I started my project - to redesign a keyboard by compacting it for the effective and comfortable text entry on mobile devices. My goal is to provide the full functionality of a standard keyboard - and the most important thing is to localise it according to the international standards.



    Quote:

    What about the disabled or elderly? All current devices are designed for those with a full set of digits; can your device be used by those with limited finger movement.



    Well, the main part of the keyboard has 53 keys (8x8 mm) and you could compare these parameters with the existing models. And it could be redesigned for disabled people the same way as it's done in desktop operational systems by zooming in. It's a very flexible approach - you use a touch-sensitive display-keyboard. Any types and styles of layouts. Any methods of working with it.



    Quote:

    You need to think of how humans want to enter data in to handheld devices in the future. The QWERTY keyboard is an essentially unnatural stop-gap data entry solution for the typewriter age.



    Well, what will all the computer makers do without a QWERTY keyboard? It's a standard computer interface.
Sign In or Register to comment.