Macbook Power Issues

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My Uncle bought a macbook on my recommendation about 2 months ago. He took it on a trip for the first time last week, and with a fully charged battery once he got on the plane it would not power on.

Once he got to his destination, he could power the laptop on with the charger, then he disconnected the charger and it still worked fine running on the battery.

On his way home, he once again went to power up the macbook in the airplane and it would not power up.

He is now back home and it is fine again. Has anyone experienced this, or can shed some light on the subject?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattss

My Uncle bought a macbook on my recommendation about 2 months ago. He took it on a trip for the first time last week, and with a fully charged battery once he got on the plane it would not power on.

Once he got to his destination, he could power the laptop on with the charger, then he disconnected the charger and it still worked fine running on the battery.

On his way home, he once again went to power up the macbook in the airplane and it would not power up.

He is now back home and it is fine again. Has anyone experienced this, or can shed some light on the subject?

So I guess no one has any info that is useful on this??
  • Reply 2 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Sounds like Random Shutdown Syndrome. it it corrected with a firmware upgrade I believe. There are several threads here on it. Just scroll down.

Edit. Try this link. http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=67835
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maybe its the power management unit?