Front row

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just got a new MacBookPro and am wondering if Front Row was supposed to come installed on it? If so how do I start Front Row or where do I find it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yes it does, press any button on the remote.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dsosbdsosb Posts: 52member
    Thanks Very much!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha

Yes it does, press any button on the remote.

Press the "menu" button on the remote you mean, right?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Also Command-Escape if you don't have your remote with you. Escape again to exit Front Row.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abilstein

Also Command-Escape if you don't have your remote with you. Escape again to exit Front Row.

Most keys on the keyboard will take you out of it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Most keys on the keyboard will take you out of it.

how do you configure front row? like change the music of the photo scroll?

thanks! very excited abut my mbp at the moment! its a beauty!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Front Row is just a visual interface (for distant viewing) that accesses iTunes, iPhoto, DVD player... If you noticed-- when iTunes is already open, for instance, Front Row responds faster. Front Row doesn't really do anything on its own.

If you go into preferences in iPhoto and change things, it should also change in Front Row.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain

Front Row is just a visual interface (for distant viewing) that accesses iTunes, iPhoto, DVD player... If you noticed-- when iTunes is already open, for instance, Front Row responds faster. Front Row doesn't really do anything on its own.

If you go into preferences in iPhoto and change things, it should also change in Front Row.

yeah thanks.. i got it going now... shame cant programme front row to open simple folders.. forces you to use i photos..