Ghost 3.5 (or similar app)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
There used to be a shareware application called Ghost 3.5. It is still listed on VersionTracker.com and Download.com, but both sites lead to an invalid Yahoo! address. VersionTracker.com also lists an alternate download address that is also invalid.

Does anyone have this application and could send it to me?

Or does anyone else know an application or a way, in OS9 to hide a folder? I am burning a CD, and would like all of the support files to not be visible, if possible.

Thanks in advance.

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Stroszek ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You could use <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/redir.fcgi/kind=1&db=mac&id=417/ResEdit_2.1.3.sea.bin"; target="_blank">ResEdit</a>.

1. Launch ResEdit.

2. Select Get File/Folder Info from the File menu.

3. Select the folder in the dialog box that appears.

4. Check the box next to Invisible.

5. Close and save.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by Darren Smith:

<strong>You could use <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/redir.fcgi/kind=1&db=mac&id=417/ResEdit_2.1.3.sea.bin"; target="_blank">ResEdit</a>.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't know shit about ResEdit. Will doing this impair any application's ability to use these files while they are invisible?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    in resedit, go to FILE, Get Info and select the app/folder/file whatever. There are some radio buttons. One is "Invisible" check it, and watch the file/folder disappear. No probs.

NOTE: AFAIK From around MacOS 8.6, invisible applications (apps) do NOT RUN. This was done as a preventive measure against virusses, etc.

The support files, as you said, should be no probs to have invisible.

FYI, in OS X, files with '.' in front are invisible. So, a file or folder called .private cannot be seen unless through an "ls" command in Terminal.

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: ZO ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Rockin'. Thanks for the help, guys.