eMac Won't Turn On!!! Ahhhhh!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So, I've got an eMac that about 3 years old, and all of a sudden this morning it decides to not turn on. I tried plugging into a different outlet on the surge protector, a wall outlet, tried unplugging the peripherals ... nothing. The apartment lost power yesterday and the eMac was plaugged into the first port on the surge protector. Could it have gotten fried? I remember back on my olde 6500/225, you could turn the computer on using like three keys on the keyboard. Is this still possible? I'm open to suggestions - any takers?

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    larry767larry767 Posts: 14member
    Did you press the reset button under the cover on the bottom near the RAM?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AgNuke1707 View Post

So, I've got an eMac that about 3 years old, and all of a sudden this morning it decides to not turn on. I tried plugging into a different outlet on the surge protector, a wall outlet, tried unplugging the peripherals ... nothing. The apartment lost power yesterday and the eMac was plaugged into the first port on the surge protector. Could it have gotten fried? I remember back on my olde 6500/225, you could turn the computer on using like three keys on the keyboard. Is this still possible? I'm open to suggestions - any takers?

Chris

Sounds like your power supply in the computer is fryed.