Two Issues: Battery and Speakers

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just got my Macbook 3 months ago and two big problems have shown up:

1) it has completely stopped recognizing the battery/charging it/using it at all.

2)the internal speakers sometimes randomly stop playing and make a strange loud noise.

what is going on??? i thought this stuff was only supposed to happen to dells?!? For the battery i have tried resetting the PMU and PRAM- nothing helped. for the speakers, i have to change the level of the volume for it to start playing again.

Can anyone help me out/ tell me if this is covered by the AppleCare plan???

extremely upset and desperetly in need of help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    I understand why you're upset, but don't worry, because of course, these problems are covered by your warranty.

If you've already tried re-setting the PMU, re-install the OS. If that doesn't fix the problem, phone Apple and they'll get the machine repaired.

Whilst, on average, Apple machines are more reliable than Dell, it is just a fact of life that for Apple to make sure that each and every machine they sold was flawless, the machines would have to cost considerably more than they do. The important thing in these unfortunate situations is how the company deals with the problems, and Apple have the highest customer satisfaction in the U.S. when it comes to things like warranty issues. They certainly aren't perfect, but it would seem that they're better than anyone else.