Ever since 2Gen Shuffle - kernal panics

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've had some hardcore kernal panics, which have details about a USB device issue. I have my 2Gen shuffle plugged into a powered hub with my other 5G iPod, keyboard and mouse. I've had at least 8 kernal panics since I've had this new shuffle. Today my whole hub just stopped working but works after a reboot. and there is a new kernal panic with a USB device in the logs...

anyone else?

this is what i see it writing over and over in the logs while the fans rev really loud on the Macbook Pro, then i either get a beach ball or kernal panic and have to hard reboot holding power button:

Oct 14 21:25:34 xxxx kernel[0]: USBFt37.256\t[0x398b200] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device.

Oct 14 21:25:35 xxxkernel[0]: USBFt38.447\t[0x398b200] The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 2 of hub @ location: 0xfd100000)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I believe the same thing was happening to me whenever I left the shuffle plugged in to charge. Someone from the Apple support forums suggested I reset the shuffle and so far, it seems to have worked.