Beatles songs on Zune Marketplace?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://blog.wired.com/music/2006/11/...s_catalog.html

I think there's a chance Beatles songs and albums could end up on the Zune Marketplace. It is not official though. But the blog posting talks about a beatles album preloaded on that zune, and the album covers available on Zune Marketplace.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkeyastronaut

http://blog.wired.com/music/2006/11/...s_catalog.html

I think there's a chance Beatles songs and albums could end up on the Zune Marketplace. It is not official though. But the blog posting talks about a beatles album preloaded on that zune, and the album covers available on Zune Marketplace.

from what i heard there making it seem like they have them but they dont.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    It's very possible, but looking at Engadget's experience with the Zune so far, the Beatles won't do much (especially considering that the Zune's target audience is under 21 years old, it seems).
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain

It's very possible, but looking at Engadget's experience with the Zune so far, the Beatles won't do much (especially considering that the Zune's target audience is under 21 years old, it seems).

it only has one album available to buy and the rest are "unavailable". I am not sure, but I think that means it will be available they are just still working on it. ( better work fast, zune is coming out tomorrow )
  • Reply 5 of 7
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain

Yeah. This is what I posted on MacNN:

Something tells me that most of the Zune users will not be interested in the Beatles even if they do partner with Microsoft.

What do they think the "social" will be in the work place with users over the age of 50? Sure I know there a lot of Beatles fans that are teenagers but the bulk of the fans are not.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    the beatles are still pretty popular...come on even jay z made an album of remixes with beatles songs. and circ du solie ( yea its spelt wrong) has a new show with all there songs.