Removing System Level Apps in OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I dont know if this should be placed here in SW or in OSX but i need an answer either way. Over the time that I've had my iBook here I've installed some programs that now tend to freeze me up on startup.

Every so often it freezes on "Starting Accounting...". I think i know thats causing that. I have three programs i never use. They are:

Firewalk X

Netbarrier X

-and-

DAVE

How do i remove those and is there a safe way to do it? I thought i got rid of all reminences of them but i seem to be wrong.

I need to know how to make them NOT appear and not be attempted to load when OS X starts up.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. My guess is that its got something to do with the Terminal. I think its the DELETE command under Unix. If theres another way to do it please let me know.

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ok ive removed FWX and NetBarrier but i bet you DAVE is still gonna be attempted to be loaded.... Sneaky little thing....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I believe the UNIX command you're looking for is

rm

or, remove. Type "man rm" at the command prompt to get a list of things it can do for you.

I have no idea about where DAVE puts its files though. Sorry.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Be careful with rm an archive and install is probably a better option
  • Reply 4 of 4
    yeah i know... but since i removed that software MY BOOT UP IS FASTER!!! :-D I fixed it yeah!!! ok MOds you can close this topic.