ATI Flash/Bios Edit for Macbook Pro?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I had my own hardware company for a while. I am very familiar with the ati bios editor tools and am very curious if anyone has taken the risk of editing the X1600 bios, upping the clock speed to somewhere near the standard ati recommendations, and then flashing that new bios with ati flash. Seems like we should be able to get the speed up a bit more than it is now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    would it help to use a program like atiaccelerator? you can manually increase the clock and memory rates and can set it to reset them on boot up.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Maybe..

I know why apple lowered them.. totally makes sense.. however, depending on your usage.. I wonder if there is a higher, happy medium? I want to be able to use OSX with parallels for XP for certain pentesting applications. I also want to be able to play UT2k4/7 on my 23" when I purchase it. Who knows.. maybe they will release the new Core2duo's with the 800fsb and a nice cool running nvidia card.

As far as bios edits and flashing goes.. its pretty reliable.. my old 9500 non pro flashed nicely to a 9700 pro bios when I found the correct hardware mod and bios that matched my card. It is possible.. just wonder if its worth it, tools available?

Cheers,

Phtb0y

Quote:
    Originally Posted by macfly

would it help to use a program like atiaccelerator? you can manually increase the clock and memory rates and can set it to reset them on boot up.

• Reply 3 of 4
    I think i read that u can use ati editor tools in windows xp in parallels on a mbp :-) to reclock the video deveice...

Could well be bootcamp, or both, i don't remember...

Post your findings here cause i'm planning to do the same, i still have to get a windows xp...which is not a good investment after all...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The problem will be finding the macbook pro ati bios. Its said to be different.. good call on using bootcamp and the windows ati tools.

http://www.radeon2.ru/

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/V...S-Editor.shtml

I dont have a macbook pro yet. Im on the fence. Sold my G5 and now Im waiting.

We NEED the EFI/ATI bios first

Quote:
    Originally Posted by drazztikka

I think i read that u can use ati editor tools in windows xp in parallels on a mbp :-) to reclock the video deveice...

Could well be bootcamp, or both, i don't remember...

Post your findings here cause i'm planning to do the same, i still have to get a windows xp...which is not a good investment after all...