Trying to remember name of quirky Mac game

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
A few years back, somebody wrote a game for the Mac I'm trying to remember so I can get it for my brother for Christmas. I remember it had "mood" music that changed in response to the pace of the game. What I vaguely remember about it, it was like you were flying through space with colored balls passing by. The point of the game wasn't excitement, it was relaxation. The game used visuals and music combined with your actions in the game to relax you.

Anybody can remember the name of this game?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by levander

A few years back, somebody wrote a game for the Mac I'm trying to remember so I can get it for my brother for Christmas. I remember it had "mood" music that changed in response to the pace of the game. What I vaguely remember about it, it was like you were flying through space with colored balls passing by. The point of the game wasn't excitement, it was relaxation. The game used visuals and music combined with your actions in the game to relax you.

Anybody can remember the name of this game?

I believe it was Tranquility.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Damn that was fast. Did you think the game was any good?

The web link you put up doesn't work, but I'm looking at screenshots on http://www.apple.com/games/articles/...4/tranquility/ and am not that impressed. I'd download the demo, but I'm not on a Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    You should check out Rez for PS2 or Dreamcast.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    My brother doesn't have a PS2 or Dreamcast.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by levander

Damn that was fast. Did you think the game was any good?

The web link you put up doesn't work, but I'm looking at screenshots on http://www.apple.com/games/articles/...4/tranquility/ and am not that impressed. I'd download the demo, but I'm not on a Mac.

Sorry about the broken link, I've fixed it.

The game was ok, but it didn't really live up to the relaxation bit. I'd for sure give the demo a whirl to see if you enjoy playing it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Yeah, it seems like a good idea. But, I'm really guessing that not as much time and effort went into the implementation as the creator would have liked. Notice that it's only $6 now.

Seems likes the closest thing to what I'm looking for is X-Plane 8. But, that game seems more involved, and probably takes longer to sit down and play than what I was thinking.