virtual pc 7 mac os 10.4.8 printing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi, i'm running virtual pc 7.0.2 on a mac G5. windows works well and autocad runs but i can't seem to print/plot no tfrom auto cad or any other program. the windows program i'm using was included in the virtual pc software i bought. i've read in the virtual pc 'help' that win2000pro users must install a W2000 service pak. but is that necessary if my windows was included with my virtual pc. anyway i installed it and still wont work.

i send a print work, the printer in windows seems to read it but it immediately disappears from the printer's tasks. does anyone knows about this issue?

thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Did you install a Windows print driver for your printer/plotter? Don't do that. Use the VPC Additiions printer that is automatically installed within the Windows hosted by VPC. It redirects print/plot jobs to your Mac printer.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I do use the VM additions printer when selecting a device. I can print from explorer and paint (for example) but at the moment I'm working with autocad. sometimes i can print without a problem... although the print task must be 'restarted' in the printer's window in mac to finally be processed and sent to the printer. some other times I do the same but the job wont be processed to the printer... it prompts 'job stopped'.