indesign 2.0 FREE with purchase of a mac?!?

rokrok
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
holy frijoles! macminute reports about apple's "design freely" promotion, which "offers customers a free copy of Adobe InDesign 2.0 with the purchase a Power Mac G4 between September 10 and December 31, 2002. "

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

essentially, apple is saying "not switching to os x because of quark? okay, fine. here's one less reason..."

(okay, sure, you have to buy an overpriced tower to get it, but still, that's pretty darned cool).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    The PowerMacs aren't over priced if you get a $700 software package that allows you to make the transition from Quark to In Design on the last PowerMac that will let you boot natively into Quark. That's irony!

I'm going to do it December 26th so I will also get Jaguar 10.2.3 (maybe) just before MacWorld Expo SF when I will regret biting on the software bait (probably).

[ 09-10-2002: Message edited by: Multimedia ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Buy Power Mac...send in coupon...receive free InDesign...wait until Christmas...go to Fry's...return as a "gift" with no receipt required...get $700 credit...buy happiness at Fry's.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Each Fry's location will have 50+ returned copies of ID on the shelf on December 26th...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    they also have a deal where you get Shake or $2000 when you buy Maya or you can say buy shake for half of what it cost on the PC side and get Maya for free!...this is the kinda stuff I hoped would happen if Apple bought more software such as Maya...now hopefully this is a testing bed to see if this strategy works and if so...

APPLE BUY MACROMEDIA and possibly merge with ADOBE and do the same as this...and plus come out with more iApps based on there programs and you will gain marketshare....

Buy a Mac get a bundle of Adobe and Macromedia software at half off!!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    All these cool offers are only in the US

If the InDesign offer existed in the UK It would be enough to tip me to get a new iMac for my Mom.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    How is an iMac purchase affected? The offer is only good with PowerMac purchases anyway -- or wold you give your mum the iMac and buy yourself the new PowerMac?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I use my powermac for excel, word, email, and surfing the web.

What could I do if I had this InDesign software?

Would I need other software to use with this or could I use it as a stand alone program?

I sometimes use my computer to present data, graphs and reports.

Thanks to all that answer.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    InDesign is Adobes new page layout and publishing application. You would use it for creating newsletters, flyers, etc. or for layout of a book or magazine.

It's really used for situations where you need more control over your text's positioning and appearance than a traditional word processor can give, while integrating graphics, headers and columns. It also makes it easy to split text between multiple pages. Kind of like how an article in your newspaper starts on the front page, then says "See Political Debate, A-12" for the rest of the article.

It is a stand-alone program. But it sounds like you might not have much use for it, outside of making prettier reports.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Kesh,

Thanks.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Indesign offer only available to America?

No iPhoto print services either to UK.

No 'web services' from Sherlock either. Ger-yeesh.

Ah who cares. I'll wait unti they bring out a sodding G5 and get it then. Yeesh.

Apple

Lemon Bon Bon