iChat question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I've decided I dont like iChat all that much. How do I get the little bubble off of my title bar up by the clock? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Simply delete iChat.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Hold down Command, drag icon off toolbar.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Thanks Xaqtly, that did the trick.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by DanMacMan:

<strong>I've decided I dont like iChat all that much. How do I get the little bubble off of my title bar up by the clock? Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

what bubble? mine didnt put one up there...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    This bubble:

You can also toggle it in your preferences in the accounts section. See the "Show status in menu bar" checkbox.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    i must be the only person on earth that likes iChat....seems simple and friendly enough for me...lets me chat, join groups, share photos and files...has a few quirks, but works for me and i figure improvements will be coming....g
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Naw, I like it too... but I'm not a "serious" IM user either. I use it basically to just chat with friends every once in a while. And for doing that, iChat kicks ass. I'd much rather use iChat than any AIM client.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I can't figure out how to make my iChat work. I have a friend who is on aol and she says she's on but my iChat says she isn't. I just registered a new screen name with aim.com "kunga47" even though I already had a .mac name that wasn't working. Was that becuase I didn't register with aim.com first? I thought if you had a .mac account you were automatically in the iChat loop. Duh!

Where's the iChat for dummys Booklet? I am iChat clueless and it's frustrating! Why didn't Apple publish a How To Do iChat PDF? Help!!

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: Multimedia ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    To remove it from the status bar without removing the application, I think you need to deselect "Show status in menu bar" in the iChat preferences.

Oops, redundant post.

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>