Transparent Dock on Intel

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm enjoying a new MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, it's pretty cool.

And... I have a question.

On the old PowerBooks I used to use Transparent Dock to change the stock dock. This doesn't work on Intel boxes. The only apparent app is Unsanity's ClearDock haxie...

I need all my boxes for actual work, which means I usually don't mount every random new (ool m0d that arrives; I've wasted way too much of my time in the past, banging head into wall, "WHY is this broken!?!?" only to discover, much later, "Oh, because I'm running APE. Well duh."

Is there any simple, one-shot app that does the same thing as transparent dock, for intel machines?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichardH

I need all my boxes for actual work, which means I usually don't mount every random new (ool m0d that arrives; I've wasted way too much of my time in the past, banging head into wall, "WHY is this broken!?!?" only to discover, much later, "Oh, because I'm running APE. Well duh."

Then you shouldn't be tampering with core system stuff like the Dock.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I don't know what you're talking about. It says very clearly: "WORKS ON INTEL MACS".

http://unsanity.com/haxies/cleardock
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Ummm... He said he already knew that and didn't want to run APE. He is looking for something OTHER than ClearDock.