Netscape 7 & tabbed browsing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know that you can command click on a link to make it open in another window, but is there a way to make something open in another tab?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Check under Preferences/Navigator/tabbed browsing.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by Randycat99:

<strong>Check under Preferences/Navigator/tabbed browsing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What does it mean by middle click?
  • Reply 3 of 17
    I think it refers to wheel mouse or 3-button mouse users- often the wheel itself has a button click which counts as the "middle click".
  • Reply 4 of 17
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Or if your mouse has extra config software, just configure the third button to Command-Click. Of course, that might not be useful outside of Netscape/Mozilla/Chimera, but you never know.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

<strong>I know that you can command click on a link to make it open in another window, but is there a way to make something open in another tab?</strong><hr></blockquote> Well, if I ctrl click on a link I get the option of opening it in new tab. I'm so happy with NS 7
  • Reply 6 of 17
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    In Mozilla, command-clicked links open in a new tab if in the Preferences:TabbedBrowsing box I check the "Middle-click/control-click opens links in new tab" radio box. Interestingly, control-clicking still brings up the contextual menu rather than automatically opening the link (as the radio box would suggest it should do).

Maybe Mozilla interprets a command-click as a middle-click. Or maybe it considers a Mac command-click to be the equivalent of a Windows control-click, and the busy guys haven't gotten around to fixing the box text in the mac version. In any event, it works.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Apple+T in chimera!
  • Reply 8 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>Apple+T in chimera!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That opens a new tab in netscape (and I assume mozilla) too, but i was wondering how to click a link and make it open it's own tab, and then open the page in it. All the suggestions above helped, and I am now in browsing bliss. Thanks, everyone.
  • Reply 9 of 17

<strong>

That opens a new tab in netscape (and I assume mozilla) too, but i was wondering how to click a link and make it open it's own tab, and then open the page in it. All the suggestions above helped, and I am now in browsing bliss. Thanks, everyone.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Cotta love Chimera. 100% Cocoa Goodness
  • Reply 11 of 17
    After only using NS7 for some days now I'm close to giving up on it. I like the looks of it, I love tabbed browsing, it works perfectly on all my regular sites............ But, Scrolling simply sux, at least in 10.1.5. Will get Jaguar this Saturday so I'll give it chance until then at least. But somehow I always end up in IE
  • Reply 12 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by kelib:

<strong>After only using NS7 for some days now I'm close to giving up on it. I like the looks of it, I love tabbed browsing, it works perfectly on all my regular sites............ But, Scrolling simply sux, at least in 10.1.5. Will get Jaguar this Saturday so I'll give it chance until then at least. But somehow I always end up in IE </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't have a problem with scrolling, but I use OS9.1. I have noticed some prooblems with DHTML though
  • Reply 13 of 17
    hello!

little off the subject, but does anyone know where i can download extra themes for netscape 7? i tried few mozilla ones.. but i hate the little mozilla logo on the upper right corner.... thank you for any information... have a great weekend!
  • Reply 14 of 17
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    [quote]Originally posted by ProtoDAda:

<strong>hello!

little off the subject, but does anyone know where i can download extra themes for netscape 7? i tried few mozilla ones.. but i hate the little mozilla logo on the upper right corner.... thank you for any information... have a great weekend!</strong><hr></blockquote>

View&gt;Apply Theme&gt;Get New Themes
  • Reply 15 of 17

<strong>

View&gt;Apply Theme&gt;Get New Themes</strong><hr></blockquote> There are currently only 2 themes availible.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    hello...

i tried that already.. i thought perhaps there are more themes to download from elsewhere. few mozilla themes work with netscape, but i would prefer to try themes that are made for netscape.... sometimes mozilla theme makes my netscape from quitting, etc.

:-)