random crash

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i booted up my macbook coreduo 1.83.

it didnt give me the usual apple "ding" and then loading splash screen. instead it went from no picture to a b&w version of my wallpaper, with a little segmented loading bar. once this was finished i was given my desktop but with no dock or top bar. yet it still gave me a dialogue when i disconnected my external hd without safely removing it.

as it happens i rebooted it and it works fine now. but i was just wondering if anyone else had come across this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chirho

i booted up my macbook coreduo 1.83.

it didnt give me the usual apple "ding" and then loading splash screen. instead it went from no picture to a b&w version of my wallpaper, with a little segmented loading bar. once this was finished i was given my desktop but with no dock or top bar. yet it still gave me a dialogue when i disconnected my external hd without safely removing it.

as it happens i rebooted it and it works fine now. but i was just wondering if anyone else had come across this.

It was coming out of 'Safe Sleep' and likely had an issue with the RAM image which was saved.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac9...leep/index.php
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks, audiopollution. I didn't know this either.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    woah. thats cool. thanks for that link audiopollution!