Help! Can't Decide.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So basically I've been pondering between the iMac 24" and the MBP 2.33. I couldn't wait any longer and decided to place an order for an iMac 24". But now I'm not so sure if I should have gone with that or the MBP.

My iMac came out to 2232.12 tax and all and is BTO. The MBP 2.33 that I've had my eye on is just stock, so I could just walk to the local apple store and pick it up, and comes to around 2488.67 now that the 101$ sale is over.

This computer would have to last me 2 to 3 years but I can't decide if the 250$ is worth the mobility. And I'm afraid of having issues with the MBP, with the talk about uneven lighting issues, whines, noises, and heat. I would like to be able to take it to say the coffee shop or a friend's house but isn't exactly necessary since my friend already has two computers (although it is much worse, 512mb, 9200, and the like), and don't know if I'll be justifying the laptop it's mobile capabilities.

I'd love to take it on vacation but I'm pretty sure I could do without it for a week or two. I do play a little bit of games, such as BF2, WoW, and HL2. I just am not sure if I should go for the extra 250$ and buy the MBP or not. The issues I've seen scare me away from it but others say theirs are fine. I don't know what to do. ):

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    If you don't need the mobility, go for the iMac. The screen and the power can cause uncontrollable euphoria. Whatever you get, you're going to love it.

If you got the MBP, though-- you could always hook it up to a bigger monitor. I did that with my tibook for a couple of years-- big screen and mobility.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain

If you don't need the mobility, go for the iMac. The screen and the power can cause uncontrollable euphoria. Whatever you get, you're going to love it.

If you got the MBP, though-- you could always hook it up to a bigger monitor. I did that with my tibook for a couple of years-- big screen and mobility.

I wouldn't have access to a bigger screen until maybe a year from now, so I'd have to make due with the 15" screen if that were the case. If I'm not supplying enough info about the situation please let me know.