how do I record virtual instrument audio?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am trying out a program called FM8 and Logic Express, I cannot seem to record the sound FM8 generates to a track in logic express or garage band.

I was able to do this with a PC using the virtual mixer and patching the internal audio to a virtual path (I had an EMU card in the PC)

is there a virtual mixer type application for the mac where I can do this kind of work?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Does anyone here actually do audio with macs?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I know that you can use a program called Wiretap, it captures absolutely anything played on your core audio. it will then make a file type of your choosing and you can then sync it into the your Logic program . . . as long as the bit depth is the same.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    To record the ouputs of your FM8; go to the main file menu and at the bottom of that is the Bounce command, which will enable you to set your in and out points, file format, bit-rate etc. You can also bounce from the audio mixer window. Tick the box to put the recorded file in the audio window, drag and drop it into your arrangement.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks, I will give it a try. Unfortunately I am back on my PC. My wife took over the Mac pro