Trouble Burning in iDVD, Too Big?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi, I am a bit curious, I have a movie, that it currently 806MB on my finder. However, when I import it to iDVD to burn it, it says it won't work in its current format (Best Performance, as I figured that would allow for it to be smaller). It's currently in MP4, and when I look at how full the DVD is (on the meter thingy), it shows that I need almost 11 GB. Is there a way to fix this? I am currently using a G4 Ibook, with the Matshita DVD-R, but I don't think its dual layer. This is a particularly large movie.

Do I need to wait for my Macbook with Superdrive to show up? Or is it still impossible to do in dual layer format because it is so large? It came off a DVD, so I would think it should fit on a DVD.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Craddosk

It's currently in MP4, and when I look at how full the DVD is (on the meter thingy), it shows that I need almost 11 GB. Is there a way to fix this? I am currently using a G4 Ibook, with the Matshita DVD-R, but I don't think its dual layer. This is a particularly large movie.

If you are just burning it to DVD, I'd suggest you use a program like ffmpegx. It will let you specify bitrates so that you can get the movie to fit onto a DVD. You should be able to fit 3 hours onto a DVD at decent quality. Any more than that and it probably won't look very good.