Pixelation of titles in iMovie

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm a novice with iMovie. I set up a title clip that looked good when previewed but when playing on full-screen or even on viewer, the words are badly pixelated. I can't seem to fix this. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    If the movie is in DV, it generally looks quite bad in normal view. DV has a high quality setting - I don't know if that's in the imovie prefs somewhere. It's especially noticable in apps like quicktime. This bugged the hell out of me when I did a presentation with DV movie clips because Keynote doesn't support the high quality mode and all the DV clips looked horrible. I had to spend 2 hours converting all the clips to H264.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Hi Marvin

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll follow up your suggestions. Sure the hell bugged me as well. The rest of the "movie" is fine. All the images are photo scans, some using the Ken Burns effect. I'm totally happy with it all other than the Title.

Thanks again and best wishes

Adrian
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Hi Marvin

Just did some looking around and you were totally correct. There is a button in preferences that say use enhanced view in playback (or something like that), which I'd overlooked.

Thanks again. Very much appreciate your help.

Best wishes

Adrian