10.4 Install problems help help!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So I've been trying to install 10.4 on my old G3 imac 400 using the CD's. I forgot to tell it to just install the basic stuff without the languages or the printer drivers and so on. It's taken me literally 5 hours to try and get this thing installed. It keep giving me errors and wants to restart the whole install from disk 2. This has happend to me 3 tiems already. It even got all the way to the end of disk 4 and told me there was and error and to reinstlal all over again from disk 2 onward.

When I shut the computer off it starts up asking to reinstall from disk 2 onward. When I put the first CD in and restart and hold down the C key the Apple logo pops up but then it just hangs and does nothing. So I can't even seem to start the reinstall from the beginning by booting the first CD.

Is there any strange key combination i can press or something that will let me reinstall just the basic stuff? Or tell it to finish the install with the rest of the disks?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi

So I've been trying to install 10.4 on my old G3 imac 400 using the CD's. I forgot to tell it to just install the basic stuff without the languages or the printer drivers and so on. It's taken me literally 5 hours to try and get this thing installed. It keep giving me errors and wants to restart the whole install from disk 2. This has happend to me 3 tiems already. It even got all the way to the end of disk 4 and told me there was and error and to reinstlal all over again from disk 2 onward.

When I shut the computer off it starts up asking to reinstall from disk 2 onward. When I put the first CD in and restart and hold down the C key the Apple logo pops up but then it just hangs and does nothing. So I can't even seem to start the reinstall from the beginning by booting the first CD.

Is there any strange key combination i can press or something that will let me reinstall just the basic stuff? Or tell it to finish the install with the rest of the disks?

Id contiune on with the 2nd disc and then delete the crap off you dont need afterword...I didnt know 10.4 came on reg CD's?