iCal doesn't work or my Mac doesn't like it

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So i download iCal in great anticipation. My powerbook 800 has been humming along with no problems now since i bought him 2 months ago, but do you think ical would work, NO.

Did i install 10.2 wrong, don't think so, everything else is going ok, maybe Ical is not working??

Any one else having trouble too??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I eat information and answer questions. no information, I die.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    ...... or to put it another way, what do you mean by it doesn't work? Does it fail to start up, or unexpectedly quits when you're using it etc...

[ 09-11-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 13
    chill guys -

i just get a box saying - application unexpentiantly quit, all other apps are unaffected.

i dunno jim, i really don't
  • Reply 4 of 13
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Makka:

<strong>chill guys -</strong><hr></blockquote>

boy, I mean, boy. how can we help we if we know nothing ?

[quote]Originally posted by Mac Makka:

<strong>i just get a box saying - application unexpentiantly quit, all other apps are unaffected.</strong><hr></blockquote>

if you delete the app, and install it again ?

HTH
  • Reply 5 of 13
    go to <a href="http://macnews.net.tc"; target="_blank">http://macnews.net.tc</a>; for solving your problem with iCal. basically, you need to reinstall the HelveticaNeue.dfont you might be missing, into /System/Library/Fonts.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    iCal worked for me fine when it came out but since yesterday I haven't been able to launch it. I get the same error message... "Unexpectedly quit..." yadda yadda. I reinstalled the font and still no luck. I fixed disk permissions with Disk Utility, and still no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

[edit - now it works... wtf???]

[ 09-13-2002: Message edited by: crawlingparanoia ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 13
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    When I installed it, my Hard drives began making loud noises . . . and whe it finally installed . . . I try to open it and it simply will not launch.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I looked for that helvetika font in my system and could not find it.... anybody know where I can get it?

I mean, if its free, of course.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by pfflam:

<strong>I looked for that helvetika font in my system and could not find it.... anybody know where I can get it?

I mean, if its free, of course.</strong><hr></blockquote>

try looking for helvetica
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Working just fine here. I've already subscribed to a few calendars. I do have a few interface quibbles which I sent off to the feedback link, but I like iCal a lot. One thing - I did a very clean install of 10.2 - on a brand new hard drive.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Had this.

I installed iCal on my Cube at work without a problem. Went home and installed it on my Cube there and it would bomb ('quit unexpectedly') on every launch. Reinstalled it, did the same.

So I rebooted. Started right up.

(Yeesh, having to reboot to solve problems. Shades of Windows and Mac OS 9).

My guess is that iCal runs a service or daemon that the install didn't start but reboot did.

Screed

[ 09-14-2002: Message edited by: sCreeD ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 13
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Same thing happened on my iMac. I threw away/reinstalled it a few times. No go. Restart, then it worked. No problems however on my iBook.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    I'm not sure what the problem here is either.

But I'm moving this thread to the right forum...

Software.