Need advice to end my MacBook aggrivation

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, so about a month ago I purchased a black Apple MacBook from Amazon.com. After a while it had random shutdown issues, so I sent that back to Amazon and got a new one. This new one now has problems with the casing, as it is warped and pops when pressed in numerous areas. After taking it up to an Apple store I was told that it could be considered "cosmetic" and they may not repair it. That seems pretty ludicrous to me as after paying $1500 for a computer that they want you to buy due to their cosmetic appearance, they then go back and say they don't care about anything cosmetic related.

Finally after another trip (had to back up my data) I send the MacBook off for repair this past Monday. It came back on Friday. The service sheet shows they replaced a few bezels and yet the computer has the exact same problems as when I shipped it off. Without looking at this sheet, I'd say the computer was un-touched. Except now the casing is actually worse, coming apart in one particular place. After calling Apple and telling them my situation, they told me to bring it back in and they will look at it. I'm really starting to get a little angry now. As it was pretty inconvenient to send it in the first time, I really don't want to send it back in with no guarantee that it will be fixed this time. Also, its almost like they were just lying to me with that service sheet, as I don't know how anyone would think this was fixed.

I'm pretty new to Apple, but I've read on many forums that people have great experiences with them, and they really try to go out of their way to please the customer. I've heard many people say they get Apple to allow them to exchange their MacBook for a new MacBook, or in many cases a new Pro. Anyone have any advice on what I could do to get the same satisfaction? Anyone have any advice on how to approach Apple? Should I make a Genius Bar appointment or just go up and talk to a manager?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CedarPoint182

Should I make a Genius Bar appointment or just go up and talk to a manager?

Thanks a lot.

make an appointment, try to keep your cool and talk reasonably with whoever is the poor fool of a genius. discount his snide remarks and/or aloof attitude, kiss his butt repeatedly and keep your positive attitude. Just stay nice...if you can do that, they normally do everything they can to fix the problem.

i usually go ballistic and nothing works out for me, so don't go that route, it doesn't get you far or things fixed, but i sure get to work up a stink and piss everyone off.....

sorry to hear about the problems. sounds like you got a bad one, hope you get a fixed or new one.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks. I'll try that. I'm thinking I'll be nice yet demanding as just being nice hasn't led them to doing anything good for me so far.