If The Next 24inch Is %40 Brighter I'm Going to Sue Apple! :-)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Love this 24inch iMac i just got last week but the damm display is making me blind on the LOWEST brightness setting. That is a good thing as it will take a while for the backlight to fade out but dam i'm looking into the sun for the next few months!

I've tried a few apps that bring the brightness further down but is there a universal app as they are all PowerPC and use up more ram because of it.

Apart from this the iMac is a dream....Good Earth is very cool on this. So is half life 2

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,132member
    Hell I'll put up with it. I'll just back it up another foot

The iMac 24 is probably my ideal desktop right now. Although a Macbook is going to be my next actual purchase. My mini is still fine for basic desktop usage.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Good to hear!! My first ed iMac G5s display is far too dim! You could always increase the lighting in the room if you find it too bright?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I too have a 24" iMac - mine is also like staring at the sun. I have it literally on the lowest setting possible and its still incredibly bright. I would back up a foot or so but my desk does not allow for it

Jeff
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s.metcalf

You could always increase the lighting in the room if you find it too bright?

No, not for me.